Pages

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Life Imitating Art?

Do you remember the "Fish Condo"?






In 2010, two creative bloggers turned the "Fish Condo" into two incredible modern dollhouses.

One of the bloggers, "Call of the Small," (http://call-small.blogspot.com/2010/06/mini-modern-and-call-small-gone-fishing.html), created this fabulous house:





And the other blogger, Mini Modern, (http://minimodern.blogspot.com/2010/06/call-small-mini-modern-get-tanked.html), created this stunning house:






It seems that architect Sou Fujimoto also may have been inspired by the "Fish Condo." His creation, "House N," looks like this:












(Photos from: http://dornob.com/cubic-cloud-home-perforated-boxes-blend-inside-with-out/).

I think you will agree that all of the creations above are pretty incredible! If I didn't have so many unfinished miniature projects, I would buy a "Fish Condo" and create my own modern miniature house out of it. That would probably be called art imitating life imitating art inspired by the "Fish Condo."

Wishing you only good things,

Neen



(Photos used in this post are used pursuant to the Fair Use Doctrine of the U.S. Copyright Act.)

6 comments:

  1. Love the fish condo. I had never seen one before. It does make a great dolls house but I would also love one for our two fish. It looks fabulous - much nicer than the stock standard fish tank.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the interesting comment, I would love to see a Fish Condo used for fish, which had modern furniture and decor! That would be an interesting project...😋

      Delete
  2. Thanks for pulling those together Neen! I love the sun in the R/L one. Actually, I like all of them in their own right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks gm, I love their modern look too, but I like the miniature houses much better than the RL one! I think they have better interior decorators 😎

      Delete
  3. These houses are great, I really like the style of all of them :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love them too, but with so many windows, I would feel exposed (unless the house was on my own resort island) 😊

      Delete